site will only be as good as those who participate in it, so
submit your work!
the following via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
or on a Mac or Windows formatted zip disk to:
4651 N Wolcott Ave., Apt. 2.
Chicago IL 60640
for the Singles section require all of the following except
the self-portrait. The text required can be condensed.
- Send as
many photos as your project warrants -- up to 15 images.
- Color or
black and white are both fine.
- Size images
6 inches at your longest width/length, at 72 dpi.
- Save images in Photoshop as JPEGs.
- If you do not own the copyright to your images, let us know
who does and get permission.
- Name the
project (not needed for singles).
- Name each image, one or two words.
- Include captions, if appropriate.
- Send captions as either plain 'ol text in the body of an email
message or if you're using a program likeWord or Wordperfect
please save as an .rtf or .txt file if possible.
- Also please spell/ fact check your work.
- An essay is required for each project submitted, including
singles, and should be about one typed page. I want to know
how this project relates to who you are. What was your experience
like? Who did you meet? Where did the idea originate? Whatever
you would tell your friends ...
- This should also be spell/fact checked and sent as the body
of an email message or saved as an .RTF or .TXT file if possible.
self-portrait. And yes, from a real Polaroid camera (all formats
welcome), flat bed scanned with borders.
- A bio, written in the third person, describing your background,
achievements and any other personal information you want to
share. Check out Pauline Lubens' bio for an example.
- Email address
and personal Web site address if you have one.
- Let us know if there are any links that you want us to hook
up to from stuff written in your bio or essay.
- Yes! This too should be spell/ fact checked and sent as the
body of an email message or saved as an .RTF or .TXT file.
Please feel free to email us or give us a call if you have any